Watsi builds technology to finance universal healthcare by crowdfunding surgeries and administering health insurance systems.
Expert: Andrea Kayal
CMO at Electric
• CMO, Upserve
• CMO, Signpost
Watsi builds technology to finance universal healthcare by crowdfunding surgeries and administering health insurance systems. Watsi’s technology platform, Meso, is a suite of mobile and web applications that streamlines the process required to run national health insurance systems.
Watsi’s top priority was building best-in-class enterprise marketing to communicate its value proposition to key stakeholders (providers, companies, governments). Watsi partnered with Rippleworks to expand Meso’s reach through enterprise marketing and build trust with customers to convert leads to opportunities.
The team worked on a marketing plan and learned the importance of focusing our efforts given our size. This has transformed how we think about scaling our impact. We’re very grateful for everything we learned during this project.
—Watsi CEO Chase Adam
Watsi partnered with Rippleworks Expert Andrea Kayal, who led marketing teams as the CMO / Head of Marketing of startups including Upserve, Signpost, and Sailthru. Together, they:
• Defined the differentiated brand value propositions for Watsi’s crowdfunding solution and Watsi’s health insurance administration product
• Learned best practices for marketing operations and defined marketing funnel and KPIs to track on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
• Defined scorecard to evaluate country readiness to adopt Watsi’s new product to prioritize opportunities for the business development team
• Learned best practices for understanding multiple buyer personas and defined three common personas for Watsi’s team to customize specific documentation for business development meetings
• Defined job descriptions for two key roles on the business development team to support Meso’s expansion into new countries