Rippleworks Privacy Notice
Effective Date: May 11, 2021
Rippleworks is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and retained by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Your Personal Information
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide as part of the intake process (for Projects and Insights) or diligence process (for Investments). This includes information provided through a Google form, via email, in person at meetings, and/or by any other method.
- In particular, we process personal details such as name, email address, telephone number, and self-identification demographic data that you provide to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Contact and demographic information, such as the information you provide when you complete forms or surveys.
Information we collect automatically
When you interact with our website or emails, certain usage information is collected automatically, including:
- Analytical information, including details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (such as the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Device information, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Some of this information is collected through analytics cookies. In particular, our website uses Google Analytics so that we can understand how visitors interact with our site. To learn more about how Google Analytics processes information from our site, click here. Please note that most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser settings to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the website may not be available, work, or work as designed.
How We Use Your Information
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To understand the basics of your venture
- To understand the composition of your leadership team in the context of where you work
- To better understand the leadership diversity of our three portfolios
- To provide you with the best, customized service and improve and grow our organization, including to understand our venture base and the effectiveness of our marketing, and to understand how our services are used, track site performance, and make other improvements.
- To comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with our third party service providers, including Salesforce, who use it only in accordance with our instructions and as otherwise required by law to perform functions on our behalf. The business functions our vendors support include: auditing and accounting; professional services; analytics services; security; IT; and promotional emails.
How We Store Your Personal Data
We take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to protect personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take extensive measures to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means or of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf. Therefore, any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
If you are outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States, either on our own systems or with one of the third party service providers we use (e.g., Salesforce, Google Drive). The laws in the U.S. regarding information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By engaging with us or using our services, you consent to this transfer, storage, and processing.
How long we keep your Personal Data
We will hold data for up to ten years. Additionally, any personal information will be deleted when you exercise any applicable rights to request deletion of data under law.
Rights of Individuals Located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK
When we partner with ventures located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, we may process “personal data”, as that term is defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation, on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent, or (2) as necessary for our legitimate interests in recruiting ventures for our business purposes of providing support through Projects, Insights, and Investments. Personal data we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States. If you are a resident of the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, you have certain rights. We may require you to provide us with information so that we can verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. These rights include the ability to do the following:
- access to your personal data that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you based on our legitimate interests or for the purpose of direct marketing
- withdraw your consent at any time, if we are processing your personal data based on consent
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- lodge a complaint about our data processing activities with the relevant supervisory authority (such right may be invoked in the location in which you reside or work, or where the alleged infringement occurred).
To submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us at the email address in the “Contact” section below. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
All questions, comments, and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. The “Effective Date” at the top of this page indicates when this Policy was last revised. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information described in this Policy.