YLabs is a global design and research organization that helps large implementing partners create products and services for young people.
Expert: Matt Di Paola
Managing Director at Huge
• Partner and Managing Director of Innovation, SID LEE
• SVP and General Manager, Critical Mass
YLabs partnered with Rippleworks to define a remote organization structure that helps their team grow
Youth Development Labs (YLabs) is a global design and research organization that helps large implementing partners create products and services targeted at—and designed in conjunction with—youth. Their team designs, tests, and advocates for youth-driven solutions that address the biggest challenges to young people’s health and economic opportunity worldwide.
YLabs’ top priority was building out a distributed model in order to improve their work, grow their reach, and take care of their team. YLabs partnered with Rippleworks to define the distributed project team structure, roles, and responsibilities that realize their vision.
YLabs partnered with Rippleworks Expert Matt Di Paola, a business builder and culture first l leader who helped transform organizations at Huge, SID LEE, Critical Mass, MediaCom Canada, and Proximity Canada. Together, they:
• Conducted a gap analysis on YLabs’ current team structure to identify missing functional areas and necessary hires
• Designed ideal new team structure, factoring in cost-benefit analysis; defined all team member roles, responsibilities, and reporting lines (outside of project work)
• Developed a matrix outlining key decision making authority by office; determined staff placement and opportunity tracks for growing in new locations
• Developed a change management and communication plan