Venture: KOKO Networks
KOKO delivers clean, affordable cooking fuel in sub-Saharan African and India.
Expert: Mariela Reinhard
Global Supply Chain Network Excellence Lead at Siemens Healthineers
• Head of Global External Operations and Strategic Partnerships, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
• Director of Supply Chain and New Product Launch, CorePharma
KOKO partnered with Rippleworks to build a best-in-class integrated business planning process
KOKO Networks delivers clean fuel at a price that undercuts the dominant dirty fuels used in the $40 billion market for cooking fuel in urban sub-Saharan Africa and India. Their model builds and installs cloud-connected “KOKO Points” inside local retail outlets, providing mass market consumer goods—like clean-burning ehthanol cooking fuel—in partnership with major suppliers.
One of KOKO’s top priorities going into the project was improving their supply chain to enable the expansion to new cities in Kenya. KOKO partnered with Rippleworks to build a best-in-class integrated business planning process that supports their supply chain at national scale.
KOKO partnered with Mariela Reinhard, a senior global supply chain leader who brought extensive experience from Siemens Healthineers, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Pinnacle Foods, and CorePharma. Together, they:
• Audited KOKO’s current supply chain practices and planning processes; defined improvement opportunities for their forecasting and planning processes
• Updated KOKO’s sales and operations planning process based on best practices; built lightweight tools to support new processes and forecasting needs
• Developed an action plan to implement and improve KOKO’s planning process; defined future state supply chain changes needed for national expansion; outlined high level supply chain team and roles to support KOKO’s future state