Venture: Jan Sahas
Jan Sahas works with the most excluded social groups in India on safe migration and workers’ protection and prevention of sexual violence against women and children.
Expert: Meena Ravella
• VP of Business Development, Shutterfly
• Director of Internet Marketing, eBay
Jan Sahas partnered with Rippleworks to incite systems-change that improves the lives of migrant workers in India
Jan Sahas is a 20-year-old community-centric organization working intensively in more than 14,000 villages and urban areas throughout 57 districts across nine states in India. They work with the most excluded social groups on safe migration and workers’ protection; and prevention of sexual violence against women and children.
One of Jan Sahas’ top priorities going into the project was inciting systems-level change to improve the lives and work conditions of migrant workers. Jan Sahas partnered with Rippleworks to define target customer segments and develop value proposition messaging for their industry partners.
Jan Sahas partnered with Meena Ravella, an e-commerceleader who spent two decades heading marketing at Shutterfly and eBay. Together, they:
• Built context on high level value proposition elements
• Identifed and aligned Jan Sahas’ team around priority audiences and personas
• Validated the role of priority audiences; developed and began testing an approach to reach them