Venture: Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps invests in diverse leaders to build and strengthen health systems around the world.
Expert: Caty Kobe
Head of Community at Nextdoor
• Operations Lead, AirBnB
• Global Head of Scalable Customer Success, Square
Global Health Corps partnered with Rippleworks to develop the key product requirements for a community engagement tool
Global Health Corps (GHC) invests in diverse leaders to build and strengthen health systems through a highly immersive 13-month fellowship program. Every year they select the top 2 percent of global applicants, providing 50-100 fellows with stipends, placements with a global health partner in Africa, and wrap-around support that helps fellows develop their leadership and communication skills. To date, GHC has supported over 1,000 global fellows, who together address systems challenges and gaps in the broader global health sector.
GHC’s top priority was creating better outcomes for their alumni by making it easier to interact with each other using an online tool. GHC partnered with Rippleworks to develop the key product requirements for a community engagement tool.
Keeping our global community of leaders connected across borders and boundaries is key to building trust, fostering collaboration, and deepening their impact on health systems.
Our partnership with Rippleworks allowed us to ensure we have the technology and solutions to do that more effectively.
—Global Health Corps CEO Heather Anderson
GHC partnered with Rippleworks Expert Caty Kobe, a strategic operations leader with experience building and supporting communities of people at Nextdoor, Airbnb, Square, and OpenTable. Together they:
• Designed customer personas for current GHC Fellows and alumni
• Learned about the importance of a value proposition and defined it for the GHC community as well as the GHC team
• Learned about the community commitment curve framework and defined engagement within the GHC community
• Constructed requirements document for the engagement tool and defined a framework to prioritize key product features; defined engagement KPIs to measure success of the tool
• Learned best practices of change management to train and onboard GHC alumni and team to tool for improved and continued engagement