Rippleworks Recruiting Privacy Notice
Rippleworks is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We use Workable, an online application provided by Workable Software Limited, to assist with our recruitment process. We use Workable to process personal information as a data processor on our behalf. Workable is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
Where you apply for a job opening posted by us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal information in addition to our other Privacy Notice which has been provided to you separately or is available on our website.
Where you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from us in respect of the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
Your Personal Information
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, we process personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, and skills experience that you provide to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that we may conduct.
- Details of your visits to Workable’s website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to Workable’s website and the resources that you access.
Information we collect from other sources
Workable provides us with the facility to link the data you provide to us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
Workable’s technology allows us to search various databases – some publicly available and others not, which may include your personal data (including your resumé), to find possible candidates to fill our job openings. Where we find you in this way we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
We may receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for our business more generally.
How We Use Your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of team members for our business.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill our job openings.
- To help our service providers (such as Workable and its processors and data providers) and Partners (such as the job sites through which you may have applied) improve their services.
Candidate decision making
We may use Workable’s technology to select appropriate candidates for us to consider based on criteria expressly identified by us, or typical in relation to the role for which you have applied. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic, however, any decision as to who we will engage to fill the job opening is made by our team.
Disclosure of your information
As set out above, we share your information to our third party service providers, including Workable, who use it only in accordance with our instructions and as otherwise required by law.
How We Store Your Personal Data
We take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to protect personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means or of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf. Therefore, any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you and process using Workable’s Services may be transferred to, or stored at, a system outside of Workable (e.g., Google Drive). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
How long we keep your Personal Data
We will hold data for up to two years. Additionally, your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- deletion of your personal information by you (or by another person engaged by you); or
- receipt of a written request by you (or another person engaged by you) to us.
You have a number of important rights, including rights to:
- access to your personal data that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- make claims caused by a breach of data protection laws.
All questions, comments, and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.